Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda...

I've been having a severe case of the coulda, woulda, shouda's lately. So many "what if's". What if I have moved to New York instead of Arizona where it was safe? What if I had been more dogged in the pursuit of an acting career? What if I hadn't gotten married when I did? What if I had stayed in Detroit? What if? What if? What if?

The fact of the matter is that there is no use crying over spilt milk. I am here at the age of 50, in this place, today, now. It is up to me to make the very best use of my time here. To learn as much as I can and to pass it on to others if I can.

I spent a lot of my life dreaming about what could have been. I think now that I should just do it. Just go for what I want. What have I got to lose at this point. If I want to sing I should sing. If I want to act I should find a way to act. No more wondering.

My advice to anyone, young or old, is to follow your dream no matter what. Don't get to the end of your life, or even the middle, and wonder what happened. "Life is what you do (active), while you are waiting to die." I'm gonna start doing instead of waiting. So should you.

No comments: