Monday, June 18, 2007

Opening Salvo



This theater is where I spent most of my teenage and young adult life as part of a wonderful family called the Greenfield Villages Players. I saw my first play there, Peter Pan, and completely fell in love. I knew right at that moment that there was nothing else I wanted to do but be on that stage. I was about 8 years old at the time and I didn't get on that stage till I was fifteen.

My first professional job, well I did get paid, was in Hansel and Gretel. I was a cookie child and a dog! I loved every minute of it. I kept on doing shows there off and on until the theater closed in 1996. I was very lucky to be a part of the final production which was Rumplestiltskin. A play I had done twice before at the Village Players. I had the distinction to play both the two daughters and the mother!

I made many friends over the years whom I have since lost contact with and one with whom I still remain best friends. As I look back over my life I find that some of the best times in my life happened with the confines of this group call the Village Players. Some have gone on to bigger and better things, some have passed over. I miss them all. To the ones who passed over, Jim, Bobby, Sam, you are missed. To the ones I lost track of, I'm sorry I didn't keep in touch. I wish I had been a better friend than that. Perhaps fate will bring me back together with some of them.

Well thats it for this post. More to follow.

No comments: