Thursday, November 8, 2007

Crispy Fall Weather

You know that expression. The weather was crisp and cold, is how it's often said. It's actually my very favorite time of the year. But how exactly does the weather get "crisp". Crisp, to me, is like a potato chip when you bite into it. How does weather become crisp?

Well, I think that it's when the cold bites into whatever skin is exposed to it. When you are warm and toasty in your down jacket but your cheeks are on fire from the cold. Isn't it great!

We moved to Boston about three years ago from Phoenix AZ and I am so happy that we did. I grew up in Michigan and really was missing the fall...winter, spring, summer. You know the change of the seasons. You will never hear me complain when it snows or rains or anything. Try years and years of hot, hot, hot and then more hot. No thank you, not ever again. No offense to any of the southwesterners but AZ sucks!

Yes, my family still lives there and I have to go back to visit, but I hate it.

It is such a lovely crispy day today that I think I will go for a walk outside at lunchtime. See you on the Esplanade!

No comments: