Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pretty Pathetic

I am definitely pretty pathetic at this blogging thing. I am not consistent, no matter how much I want to be. I am however persistent and I will keep on blogging.

My life has been filled with ups and downs, knitting and crocheting, reading, baking etc. The children continue to have their dramas. Alex lost and found a job. Grandbabies are sick. The usual family stuff that goes on in everyone's family. Really, everyone's family, even if they won't admit it publicly.

My WIP's are fewer. I finished a scarf for my son. You can see it here on Ravelry. I started a blanket for my daughter Hannah in her favorite color, purple. She wants it for her birthday, January 6th. I'm not sure I can finish it by then but I will give it the old college try. I frogged a pair of socks that I was making out of some Green Mountain Spinnery yarn. They were so stiff and scratchy and weren't coming out at all right, so to the frog pile they went. I will find something else to do with this yarn. In between I have been working on my Zimmerman pullover. I am almost done with the body. Then the fun part will begin!

The other night I made a pair of fingerless mitts. The basic pattern came from Knitting at Knoon but I changed the thumbs twice! I just didn't like them so I made up my own. I guess that's when you become a Knitter versus a knitter. Just like cooking, when you start making it up you are really making progress!

Onward....

No comments: