Thursday, November 15, 2007

Weather and Mom

What to write about today. It's a gray and gloomy day outside. We are expecting rain here in Boston. I'm not complaining, I actually love a good rainstorm. When I was little we were very poor. Divorced mom and all. A big form of entertainment for us was to sit on the porch in the summer and watch thunderstorms. I grew up loving them.

The sound of the rain on the roof of my attic bedroom was one of the most soothing sounds I remember from my childhood. It still sounds good to me all these years later. And the smell after a storm! That clean raw smell, especially when it's cold outside. Mmmm.

I don't have a lot of really happy good memories from my childhood, but watching thunderstorms with my Mom is one of them.

You know, I am 51 years old and my mother passed away in 1976 when I was just 19 years old. It seems like yesterday and I still miss her so much. I can't wait to see her again just to be able to talk to her and tell her all about her grandchildren and great grandchildren. Though I'm sure she sees them just fine.

Boy, this has been a ramble, sorry. I was talking about the weather and ended up talking about my Mom. I guess I am missing her lately quite a lot.

No comments: